What to expect at your at your first appointment?
For adults, we reserve 2 hours and will complete the following: (A dental cleaning will not be completed at this visit.)
- Gather clinical records to include review of medical/dental history, blood pressure and any medicine ramifications
- Necessary radiographs (X-rays) Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any current x-rays from a previous office as there may be a frequency limitation from your insurance company which would result in additional out of pocket expense
- Intra oral photographs and study models
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Complete comprehensive head, neck and intra oral exam
We will then schedule you for a complimentary consultation and dental cleaning. Our treatment coordinator will discuss examination findings in detail, including your options for treatment, the cost for treatment, timing, and financial arrangements in relation to any benefits you may have as well as answer any questions.
For children, we reserve 1 hour and will complete the following:
- One of our Dental Assistants will familiarize your child with our office, the dental chair and surroundings, and make your child comfortable
- Pictures, videos and a stuffed animal will be used to explain dental procedures
- A comprehensive exam, prophylaxis, fluoride treatment and any necessary radiographs, depending upon your child’s age
- Oral hygiene instruction specific to your child and family
- At the end of the appointment they will get a prize, new toothbrush and floss
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form if mailed to you unless completed online.
- Your insurance card and photo identification
We ask for your cooperation in making and keeping all appointments. Our office policy requires a 2 business days notice to change appointments to avoid a $75.00 broken appointment fee.
We are here to assist you in every way possible, so please make your questions and concerns known to us.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!