As you are undoubtedly aware and fully expect, you will experience some changes when you come in for your next appointment. Our processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control requirements made by the governing agencies in Washington state. We monitor their mandates so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that are issued. Our entire team is trained and our systems, protocols and personal protective equipment (PPE) are at or above required levels.
Here are some of the procedures we will be following:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again in the office.
- We will take your temperature using a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- We ask that you remain in your car until your appointment time. Please call us when you arrive, and then we will call or text you when we are ready for you to come into the office.
- Please refrain from bringing any guests or family members with you that are not essential to your care.
- We have hand sanitizer available in the reception area and throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- We have reminders posted around the office regarding hand washing techniques and proper coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- We will ask you to wear a mask while you are in the office (except while receiving treatment) and we will provide one for you if you do not have one.
- You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Our bulletin boards will offer interesting and informative material that you can view without needing to touch them.
- We will provide a mouth rinse for you before your treatment.
- You may see some staff wearing face shields, masks covering the smiles you have always seen, and other personal protective equipment that you have not seen before.
- We have invested in new equipment to reduce and contain the spray and aerosol generated during treatment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and time for increased infection control procedures.
- NEW!! We have instituted a teledentistry program, where we can address some concerns by telephone or video conference calls and possibly save you an in-person visit to our office. When you call with a concern, our staff may ask if you would participate in such a call.