We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable and safe sedation dentistry. Would you like to have no memory of the treatment you had yesterday?
Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Fear or anxiety about being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting and staying numb from dental anesthetic
- BENEFITS OF SEDATION DENTISTRY
- Little memory of the treatment performed
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No anxiety during treatment
Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it is a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.
I AM NERVOUS ABOUT BEING UNCONSCIOUS. IS THIS SAFE?
We use mild sedation techniques in our office. It is administered orally. You remain awake but relaxed and somewhat sleepy through the procedure and breathe on your own, but you will feel a great sense of relaxation. Patients typically recover from sedation within a few hours after the procedure is complete.
It is required that patients who receive conscious sedation have a parent, spouse, or friend accompany them to the appointments because it can take several hours for the sedative to wear off and driving is unsafe and not allowed. You must be monitored by someone for the rest of the day.
At your complimentary consultation appointment the entire process will be explained including costs, if you are interested.